A Wizards show is an event that combines aspects of big time productions with hometown community flair.
Groups such as PTOs, PTAs, Booster Clubs, Project Graduation, All Classes, Key Clubs, Rotary and Lion's Clubs as well as numerous other charities and non-profit groups use the Wizards to raise funds and delight their community.
Basketball aficionados are treated to great skills, teamwork, slick dribbling, alley-oops and crazy slams. The non-hoop fans attending will find out that this is much more than just a basketball game. The night is funny, theatrical, exciting and spectacular and the gym will reverberate with oohs & aahs, laughter, enthusiasm, and much much more.
Typically, communities that "discover" the Wizards bring the team back year after year. Discover the awe-inspiring Harlem Wizards basketball show. Contact us now for more details, or read the frequently asked questions below.
Why book the wizards?
What does the game consist of? Is it just a basketball game?
Who Do The Wizards Play?
Do We Need Our Own Gym?
Who Is The Target Audience?
How Much Money Can We Make?
Typical profit is between $5000-$20,000. The high amount earned last season by one group was $43,000. You can raise money from the following:
- Ticket sales: you can make up to 55%
- Wizard souvenirs: You will provide 6-8 volunteers to sell Wizards' souvenirs and earn between 20-25% of the proceeds.
- Concessions: you keep 100% of the profits
- Raffles, 50-50s: you keep 100% of the profits
- Local Sponsorship opportunities: you keep 100% of the profits
Do The Wizards Provide Tools And Resources To Help?
What is needed to have a wildly successful event?
- Procure a big enough gym. Ideal size is typically 800+ seats for weeknights and 1000+ for weekends. Smaller gyms can also be successful depending on the demographics of your area and date selected so please review details with a Wizards representative for a consultation.
- An enthusiastic co-ed home team excited to play in front of the home crowd and ready to take on the Wizards! Typically popular teachers make up the majority of the team with representation from most schools in the area along with principals, mayors and other notable members of your community.
- 5-6 dedicated volunteers to share in the planning responsibilities including, ticket sales, marketing, recruiting your home team and scheduling your complimentary Wizard assembly visits (schedule permitting)
- Most Wizard hosts have approximately 20 game day volunteers in addition to their on-court team.
- Support from all or most K-8 schools in your area/ district (typically the schools the feed into your event location) to help market this community event. This includes teachers and principals playing in the game, sending home and emailing flyers and hosting the Wizards for complimentary free assemblies.
- You provide the referee. Official credentials are not necessary.
Why would other schools help us promote the game?
What's in the secret sauce?
What do tickets cost?
Where do we sell tickets?
- The online box office on the Wizards website. It's convenient and from what we have seen, has the lowest ticket processing fee in the country - only $1.25 per ticket (charged to the ticket buyer)! You will receive login credentials so you can receive real time reporting on ticket sales
- At your school (ex: during drop-off/pick up for elementary schools and at lunch for middle schools)
- Other schools in district/area
- At other events in the schools and community
- Local stores and businesses - set up a ticket outlet in town.