Wow, that was amazing!
A Wizards show is an event that combines aspects of big time productions with hometown community flair.
Groups such as PTOs, PTAs, Booster Clubs, Project Graduation, All Classes, Key Clubs, Rotary and Lion’s Clubs as well as numerous other charities and non-profit groups use the Wizards to raise funds and delight their community.
Basketball aficionados are treated to great skills, teamwork, slick dribbling, alley-oops and crazy slams. The non-hoop fans attending will find out that this is much more than just a basketball game. The night is funny, theatrical, exciting and spectacular and the gym will reverberate with oohs & aahs, laughter, enthusiasm, and much much more.
Typically, communities that “discover” the Wizards bring the team back year after year. Discover the awe-inspiring Harlem Wizards basketball show. Contact us now for more details, or read the frequently asked questions below.
WHAT CAN WE MAKE?
- Typical profit is between $4000 and $20,000. The high amount earned last season by one group was $33,000
- Up to 55% on ticket sales!
- 20 or 25% on Wizard Souvenirs
- 100% on Refreshments/Food
- 100% on Sponsorships
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Rate varies depending on the day of the week and time of the year. We have three different pricing options based on the level of risk that you are comfortable with. Some dates can be booked with as little as $400 upfront. To get the full pricing picture and to qualify your request/plan/idea, please fill out the contact form and our area sales representative will contact you.
Weekends are more expensive, and certain times of the year cost more than others. We have three pricing options, from low risk to fully guaranteed. After working with schools and non-profits for 53+ years we have developed a pricing structure such that any qualified situation(*see below for more details) can have a highly successful event.
WHAT DO TICKETS COST?
We custom create ticket prices for each event, in coordination with you. Typically general admission tickets are $10-$15 and premium tickets are usually $18 – $40.
What’s Needed To Qualify* and Make It Wildly Successful?
- Procure a gym with bleacher capacity of 800+
- An enthusiastic home team excited to play in front of the home crowd. Typically teachers, principals, mayors and other community notables take on the Wizards (20-25 players is recommended).
- 4-5 advance Volunteers to be responsible for planning, ticket sales, marketing, game day logistics and volunteers and home team lineup. For game night about 25 volunteers + your team are typical.
- Support from all or most or all schools in the district to help market this community event. This includes teachers and principals lacing up, sending home and emailing flyers and FREE assembly programs (read more about the Secret Sauce next!)
What’s in the Secret sauce?
Wizard Player School Visits – A major key for promotion of your event. Our players do 20-minute assemblies; the goal is to have the Wizard(s) see all elementary and middle students in your district/area.
The first choices are 20 minute fun, interactive assembly programs. The second choices are short, but thrilling lunchroom appearances.
Combine that with a home team roster of enthusiastic teachers from most or all schools and you can expect a great crowd and a slamtastic and wildly successful event!
IS THERE MORE MARKETING AND LOGISTICS SUPPORT?
Our event sales and support team assigned to partner with you in creating a successful event always has at least one former Wizard host who has been in the trenches before and was so successful and loved it so much that they now represent us.
We also provide you with a digital marketing kit, plus high quality video, PA announcements, 1,000 custom printed tickets, an online ticketing program, 75 posters, good morning announcements, sample flyers and e-mails and more!
WHAT DOES THE GAME CONSIST OF – IS IT JUST A BASKETBALL GAME?
This is like a Broadway show on a basketball court. Get ready for high-flying entertainment and fun.
From the time the Wizards step onto the court to themed music, with our own MC, and sound system pumping, and the players delivering a choreographed trick and slam routine, the gym is rocking! The game features tricks, dunks, humor, and audience interaction. An awe-inspiring, two-hour basketball show (inclusive of autograph session)!
- Wizard team featuring 6 talented players with electric personalities
- Professional Master of Ceremonies and sound system
- Audience participation
- You recruit the referee
IS THERE AUDIENCE INVOLVEMENT?
Clapping, laughing, dancing, cheering. Kids, teens, adults and grandparents are a part of creating the excitement. This is not just a spectator event, this is something you feel. We call it the Wizard experience!
Kids, teens and sometimes adults are invited onto the court.
Our pregame jersey promotion kicks off the participation. Anyone with a Wizards jersey can warm up with the Wizards. We randomly pick kids and teens during our halftime show and the excitement builds when all kids and teens are asked to celebrate in dance with the Wizards on the court.
The cherry on top is the FREE postgame autograph session. The Wizards don’t depart until every kid/teen has the autograph(s) they desire, or until the lights shut off!
Where do I sell tickets?
- Online on the Wizards website. It’s convenient and from what we have seen, it’s the lowest ticket processing fee in the country, only .99 cents per ticket (charged to the ticket buyer)!
- At your school and other schools in your community.
- At area stores/businesses.
IS INSURANCE EXPENSIVE?
We maintain a $2 million liability policy and can name your school as an additional insured. Insurance is FREE with your event!
WHERE DO THE WIZARDS TRAVEL?
The Harlem Wizards travel all around the USA and one or two trips per year around the world. Our three teams crisscrossing the nation in our customized travel vans, in addition to lots of frequent flier miles!